Feeling cramped in your small bedroom? Fortunately there are many design possibilities interior remodelers can recommend for small bedrooms to make the space look and feel larger.
Here are five basic rules to follow when designing a small bedroom.
1. Choose Mounted Lights – When it comes to lighting, homeowners often default to floor or table lamps, regardless of the size of their bedroom. However, if you’re looking to save space, consider installing mounted lights on the wall above your bed. Pendant lights can also work well.
2. Bring the Outdoors Inside – Get some small houseplants and place them by the bedroom window. This will add vibrancy and life to your space.
3. Choose Accents That Add Color – Home remodelers recommend incorporating accent colors such as blues and grays. This helps add visual interest to the design without overwhelming the eye.
4. Create the Illusion of Space – Hang drapery as close to the ceiling as possible. Mount a mirror on the wall to help reflect natural light from the window, making the space look and feel larger.
5. Keep the Layout Simple – When designing your small bedroom, you’ll want to keep the layout as simple as possible. This will help keep the space from looking cluttered.
Make your search for a bedroom or kitchen designer easier by turning to Highland Design and Build. Drawing on many years of experience, we’ll listen to your needs and wants and help you come up with the perfect design for your remodeling project, which our expert crew will then execute. Give us a call at (205) 968-6000 or fill out our contact form to schedule a conversation.