Graduation season has arrived and soon enough, your child will be moving out in order to broaden their horizons. After the years you spent raising them, it’s understandable to suffer from “Empty Nest Syndrome”. One great way to deal with this is to re-purpose their now unsued bedroom, and transition it to a new, more functional space for your new lifestyle.
In this post, home improvement company Highland Design + Build, formerly known as CASE Design/Remodeling Birmingham shares five ideas for how to repurpose your child’s old bedroom:
- Guest Room – This is one of the most popular ideas. A benefit of turning the area into a guest room is that your child can still sleep there when they visit. Consider investing in a bigger bed, a sitting area and other amenities fitting for a visiting relative or friend.
- Home Office – This is one of the easiest remodels to accomplish. Replace some of the furniture in the room with a desk, ergonomic chair and bookshelves. Invest in a desktop computer and other office paraphernalia so you can have a quiet and convenient space to work from home. If you’re in need of help, you can always contact a remodeling contractor such as Highland Design + Build, formerly known as CASE Design/Remodeling Birmingham for advice on your project.
- Hobby Room – Itching to finally let that creativity out? Then a hobby room is what you need. Simply add the things you need to let your creativity flow such as an easel, a sewing machine or a woodworking table. Finding a new hobby is a great way to rid yourself of the empty nest blues.
- Gym – Why pay for a gym fee when you can create a functional gym in the comfort of your own home? Remove your child’s old furniture and replace it with exercise equipment to make your home gym dreams come true. The space can also be useful for storing items and can even double as a yoga studio.
- Entertainment Lounge – Whether you use it as a movie room, a “man cave” or a private room to entertain guests in, an entertainment lounge can be a wonderful addition to your home. Add some built-in cabinetry, game tables, a wet bar and even a TV.
Turn to Highland Design + Build, formerly known as CASE Design/Remodeling Birmingham for your home improvement needs. We are your leading provider of kitchen and home remodeling services. Give us a call at (205) 968-6000 or fill out our contact form to schedule a consultation. We serve homeowners in Birmingham and Homewood, AL, and other nearby areas.