Your bath may be cramped, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be as lovely and comfortable as your home’s other areas. Highland Design + Build, your reliable home remodeling company, shares some useful design tips to enhance the look and feel of this space.
- Invest in a compact vanity. Less is more when it comes to equipping your modern bath with a vanity. If you’re looking for a vanity with some storage, go for a vanity that’s designed with small-scale rooms in mind. This maximizes the available space in your bath.
- Install a frameless shower. During your next bathroom remodeling in Hoover, AL, try to give the illusion of space in your small bath by installing a glass-walled shower. It offers that open and airy feel since it doesn’t close the way traditional shower curtains or tub-shower combos do.
- Go for hanging fixtures. These include your choice of bath sinks, shelves, and other accessories. For instance, you can install a hanging shelf for soaps and bath essentials to maximize counter space. This frees up floor space, which help makes your small bath look bigger.
- Let in considerable natural light. A home interior remodeling in Hoover, AL, offers a chance to knock in a few walls and allow a significant amount of light to spill into your space. You can install an extra window or even a skylight. If these aren’t possible, you can update your lighting.
- Use mirrors to best effect. Mirrors reflect light and create a more spacious look on your small bath. Place them in strategic spots to enjoy a seemingly bigger-looking room.
- Paint your bath in bright colors. This makes a small-scale bath feel larger than it is. Try lemon yellows, light blues, and creamy whites. Avoid heavy and dark colors since they close up the space.
- Consider large-scale patterns. A wide stripe pattern on your walls, for example, makes it seem like the bath is larger than it really is. The actual available space may be the same, but it will certainly feel like a larger bathroom.
If you want to incorporate these handy tips into your small bath’s design or further improve upon the space, turn to Highland Design + Build. We are the premier company that homeowners trust for bathroom and kitchen remodeling in Birmingham, AL. With our high-end products and expert design team, we’ll help you create a comfortable and functional bathroom that suits your needs.
Fill out our form today for a free estimate.